Erwin G. Szela, Jr., MD, MBA, FACOG
Dr. Szela, a Clinical Assistant Professor at Rosalind Franklin University, formerly Chicago Medical School, has had extensive experience with routine and high-risk obstetrics. Whether you're visiting us for prenatal care or a gynecological annual exam or problem, you are in good hands with Dr. Szela. He has received recognition for his low C-Section rate. Further, Dr. Szela is an expert in the field of minimally-invasive gynecological surgery. With a specific interest in chronic pelvic pain, he performs operative laparoscopy for endometriosis with great skill and acumen.
After receiving his undergraduate degree from Northwestern University, he went on to study medicine at Rush Medical College. Following an internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Illinois, he completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Northwestern's Prentiss Women's Hospital, where he was appointed Chief Administrative Resident.
Dr. Szela is a Board Certified Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. He also received an MBA from Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management, and is proactive in protecting the physician-patient relationship among the maze of managed care insurance plans. He sits on the board of the Northwest Suburban IPA.
With his wife and three children, Dr. Szela resides in Inverness and loves spending time on the lakes in Wisconsin.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Chicago Medical Society
- Illinois State Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Medical Group Management Association
- Northwest Community Hospital, Arlington Heights
- St. Alexius Medical Center, Hoffman Estates
- Mon: 8:30 am - 5 pm - Hoffman Estates
- Tues: 12:30 pm - 8 pm - Schaumburg
- Thurs: 12 pm - 8 pm - Buffalo Grove